TrueNAS SCALE is the latest member of the TrueNAS family and provides Open Source HyperConverged Infrastructure (HCI) including Linux containers and VMs. TrueNAS SCALE includes the ability to cluster systems and provide scale-out storage with capacities of up to hundreds of Petabytes. TrueNAS SCALE is designed to be the most secure and efficient solution to managing and sharing data over a network, from smaller home networks “scaled” up to massive business environments.
- Open HyperConvergence that SCALEs: TrueNAS® SCALE is an Open Source Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) solution. Built on TrueNAS CORE, SCALE adds Linux Containers, VMs (KVM), and scale-out ZFS storage capabilities.
- Scale-Out ZFS: OpenZFS and Gluster combine to enable scale-out ZFS capabilities with excellent data management. Deploy a single hyperconverged node in a home/office, or cluster nodes together for a highly scalable and highly available software-defined infrastructure.
- Go Beyond Storage: TrueNAS SCALE provides simple access to the well-established Linux container ecosystem and makes application deployment easy. With support for KVM virtual machines, Kubernetes, and Docker containers, it’s easy to customize and add applications to suit a wide variety of needs.
- Built on Open Source: TrueNAS SCALE is Open Source, based on Debian Linux, and free to download and use. With hundreds of thousands of testers and contributors, the TrueNAS community development model enables broader testing, and ultimately, a higher quality product, in addition to its unbeaten value. Join the “Storage Freedom” movement and enjoy the benefits of Open Source economics.
- Manage Storage Clusters and Fleets: Cluster many systems together with SCALE and manage them all with TrueCommand. TrueCommand makes it easy to monitor and administer all of your systems from a single, easy-to-use dashboard.
TrueNAS SCALE Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: 2-Core Intel 64-Bit or AMD x86_64 processor
- Memory: 8GB of RAM (More is better)
- Boot Device: 20GB Boot Device
- Storage: Two identically-sized devices for a single storage pool
The TrueNAS installer recommends 8 GB of RAM. TrueNAS installs, runs, operates jails, hosts SMB shares, and replicates TBs of data with less. iXsystems recommends the above for better performance and fewer issues.
TrueNAS does not require two cores, as most halfway-modern 64-bit CPUs likely already have at least two.
TrueNAS® SCALE Hyperconverged Compute & Storage
- Combined Single & Multi-Node Edition
- Scale-Out SAN/NAS/Object Software & Appliances
- Linux Containers And VMs
- 128-Bit Open ZFS File System
- Free To Download & Use
- Community Or Enterprise Support
Download the official release of TrueNAS SCALE.
If you need professional assistance configuring your deployment, you can use our commercial support to help get you up and running.
- Open Source Software ,
- Open Storage Technology ,
- open-source virtualization platform