A highly performant and secure operating environment, Oracle Linux delivers virtualization, management, automation, and cloud native computing tools, along with the operating system, in a single, easy-to-manage support offering. Oracle Linux provides a 100% application binary compatible alternative to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS Linux and is supported across both hybrid and multicloud environments.
- Need a stable, RHEL-compatible alternative to CentOS – Since 2006, Oracle Linux has been completely free to download and use. Free source code, binaries, and updates. Freely redistributable. Free for production use.
- ISV Catalog—Your guide to the Oracle Linux ecosystem – Search the catalog to find information about independent software vendors (ISVs) who have certified their applications to run on Oracle Linux and Virtualization. Applications certified on Oracle Linux run wherever Linux runs—on-premises, in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and in other clouds.
- DevOps automation tools included – Holger Mueller of Constellation Research discusses the importance of DevOps automation and the benefits of AWX and Ansible-based Oracle Linux Automation Manager and Automation Engine.
Linux Operating System (OS)—Optimize and secure your infrastructure
- A Linux OS designed for Hybrid Cloud – The only autonomous OS, Oracle Linux includes the latest open-standards–based virtualization and cloud native tools.
- Automated Linux patching without reboot – The only Linux distribution with zero-downtime automated patching for kernel, hypervisor, and critical user-space libraries.
- An integrated suite of Linux optimized tools – A complete Linux solution that improves performance of all workloads and is optimized–out of the box–for Oracle software.
Oracle Linux deployment options
- Linux in the cloud – Oracle Cloud Infrastructure subscriptions include Oracle Linux Premier Support at no extra charge. Oracle Linux Premier Support is also available for the most widely used third-party clouds.
- Linux on premises – Use the industry’s most comprehensive and open Linux distribution to modernize, optimize, and secure your infrastructure.
- Embedded Linux – Design an optimized, cost-effective solution for your business by embedding a feature-rich Linux distribution.
Download the official release of Oracle Linux from one of our trusted mirrors.
If you need professional assistance configuring your deployment, you can use our commercial support to help get you up and running.
- Linux Operating System ,
- Open Source Software ,
- Oracle Linux ,
- Secure your Infrastructure ,
- Ubreakable Linux